According to the ‘Administration on Aging’, approximately 605 million people were 60 years or older in 2000. By 2050, that number is expected to be close to 2 billion. When putting this into business perspective, is this large target market one you want your company to miss out on
Having aging parents, I recognize the importance of developing web sites suitable for a 우머나이저 senior audience. Not only do I want my parent’s user experience on the web to be simplified and free from confusion, I realize it also makes good business sense.
Older adults are devoted users. Besides sending and receiving email, older adults search the web for health, retirement, entertainment and cooking information. To help make the most of the web, I’ve put together some guidelines that can help web developers create websites that work well for older adults.
Make Web Information Easy for Older Adults to Find
Computer functions that younger people use automatically, such as scrolling, clicking buttons and surfing the web through links, may be unfamiliar to older adults. In addition, advanced age may bring memory loss, which may hinder the ability to recall the location of links in a given space. Therefore, it is especially important for navigation of a website to be consistent.
- Use standard page layouts and page templates
- Navigation buttons should remain in the same place on each page.
- Repeat the same colors, symbols and icons throughout the site.
- Arrange page links carefully so the fewest possible clicks are needed to find information
- Avoid using pop-ups and visuals that are not relevant to the task that may distract attention.